Sunday, April 20, 2008

Emmy Predictions

It's almost that time of year. Shows are wrapping up so it's pretty easy to tell who is and who is not getting a nomination. Here are my predictions for who are going to be taking home emmy's this year.

Drama Series
1. House isn't my favorite show actually I really don't care for it and Hugh Laurie annoys me with his bashing of random things but everyone else seems to like him and the show has lot's of buzz

2. I have yet to see Mad Men but critics and precursors loved it a shoo-in.



3. Lost is getting very good. This is it's best season yet and acting is great. One of my personal favorites.



4. Grey's Anatomy is one of my favorite shows on television don't get me wrong. But this is the worst season yet. Messed up story lines random new characters and unlikable, unrelatable characters may hurt it's chances. But still a shoo-in.

5. Big Love is one of those great show's that I haven't seen yet but I hear good things about. An HBO show has been nominated in this category the past 8 years and with The Sopranos gone this could be Big Love's year.


Lead Actress in A Drama Series
1. Glenn Close - Damages
Such an obvious choice. The critics loved her and so did the precursor awards. She is a serious conteder


2. Kyra Segdwick - The Closer
My favorite Actress out of the bunch. She is really great in her role but her contenders are tough this year. But she is my favorite!

3. Sally Field - Brothers and Sisters
A really great show. She is loved by every Academy, organization and every critic. After her win last year she is likely to come back for a nomination.

4. Holly Hunter - Saving Grace
Here is another one of 4 shows this year that I didn't bother with. But the precursor awards gave her nominations so why wouldn't she get an emmy nod?

5. Mariska Hargitay - Law and Order SVU
The emmys really like to nominate their favorites especially when there are alot of new contenders. I really dislike Law and Order but they sure don't. But hey this could be the year they change it up!

Lead Actor in A Drama Series
1. John Hamm - Mad Men
He won the globe and got the nom for a sag. A serious contender


2. Hugh Laurie - House
House is not my favorite show and Hugh Laurie is not my favorite actor but with James Gandolfini Gone This could be House's year.

3. Michael C. Hall - Dexter
Wow he is so awesome in this show! He has been snubbed so many times he MUST get in. My personal fave of the bunch.

4. James Spader - Boston Legal
Ok long story short I screwed up on the pics and the pic on the left is Hugh Laurie but anyways an obvious shoo-in since he's won a bazillion times but I really hope he doesn't win again!
5. Bill Paxton - Big Love
I dunno just threw him in there :P



Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
1. Chanda Wilson - Grey's Anatomy
She's the best character on the show and she deserves to win. Period.


2. Rachel Griffiths - Brothers and Sisters
She was nominated last year and was really great this season her character went through alot. A well deserved nomination.

3. Katherine Heigl - Grey's Anatomy
Her character is a bit annoying but she did win last year and she is the it girl of Grey's.


4. Sandra Oh - Grey's Anatomy
Her situation is the same as Griffiths plus she's a fellow Canuck and she deserves it!


5. Elizabeth Mitchell - Lost
A really great actress. She should at least get a nod.



BSA noms and comedy categories to follow!

No comments: